Join SSB Construction as an Estimator and Project Manager
Location: Salinas, California Office
Compensation: Salary range of $110,000-$140,000 per year plus Benefits Package, including 401k and Health Benefits
Required: Minimum of 10 years of Concrete and Carpentry Estimating and Project Management Experience in Commercial/Industrial Construction. If you do not have this experience, your application will not be fully reviewed.
With a wonderful environment of teamwork and support, SSB Construction has had a reputation for integrity, hard work, and craftsmanship since 1945. We are continuing to grow and expand, both in the number of projects we oversee, and the types of construction we provide to our clients.
Furthermore, SSB strives to create an environment that empowers our workers, leading to professional growth. This position has the opportunity for growth and advancement, with the possibility of leading to a General Manager position. Our company culture is at the center of everything we do, and we know it to be one of our core strengths. The company culture focuses on creating a team-oriented atmosphere, where open communication and helping other members is vital to our success.
At SSB, we are driven by a purpose to help our clients meet their needs. This work is important for the growth and economic vitality of our region. The work that SSB Construction does assists in aiding the economic growth and development of the areas we serve.
Here are some of the responsibilities for an Estimator:
- Overseeing multiple projects at various stages
- Overseeing projects from pre-construction to completion, particularly estimating
- Manage the bid process and analyze blueprints/specifications
- Review proposals/project requirements and obtain required permits
- Coordinate materials for use, and create and share status updates
- Keep complete records and on-site job walk-throughs
- Pay application, support, and close-out documents
- Integrity, Passion, Ability
- Desire to continue learning and gain new skills
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Leadership and project success are expected
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs
- In-depth knowledge of codes and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
At SSB, we are driven to help the regions we serve. We believe in giving back to the communities who made our growth possible.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.