ESTIMATOR WANTED AT SSB CONSTRUCTION
Position: Commercial/Industrial Construction Estimator
Location: Salinas, California Office
Compensation: Salary range of $110,000-$140,000 per year plus benefits package, including 401(k) and health benefits
SSB Construction has been building with confidence for over 75 years—and we’re looking for an experienced estimator to join our team. Ideal candidate has both field and office project management experience, including on-point estimating skills. This position has the opportunity for professional growth and advancement, with the possibility of leading to a General Manager position.
Estimator Job Description
- Estimate and oversee multiple projects at various stages, from pre-construction to completion
- Manage the bid process and analyze blueprints/specifications
- Review proposals/project requirements and obtain required permits
- Coordinate materials for use
- Create and share status updates
- Keep complete records and on-site job walk-throughs
- Pay application, support, and close-out documents
Estimator Job Qualifications:
- *REQUIRED: Minimum 10 years of experience in concrete and carpentry estimating for commercial/industrial construction
- Integrity, passion, and ability
- Desire to continue learning and gain new skills
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Leadership skills to drive project success
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs
- In-depth knowledge of codes and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
About SSB Construction
Having built a strong reputation for integrity, hard work, and craftsmanship since 1945, SSB Construction provides a positive environment of teamwork and support. We are continuing to grow and expand, both in the number of projects we oversee and the types of construction services we provide to our clients.
At SSB, our motto is “Solid Sustainable Building.” We are driven to help our clients meet their needs and give back to the communities we serve. Our work helps drive the economic growth and vitality of the local region.
SSB Construction is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.