Carpenter Foreman Wanted At SSB Construction
Position: Carpenter Foreman
Location: Salinas, CA
SSB Construction has been building with confidence for over 75 years—and we’re looking for an experienced Carpenter Foreman to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position would have extensive experience working as a carpentry foreman on large commercial projects.
Carpenter Foreman Job Description:
This position reports to the General Superintendent. Responsibilities include:
- Manage large and small scale commercial and industrial construction projects at various stages, from pre-construction to completion
- Oversee the execution of work by field crews and subcontractors and ensure that all work is completed to SSB’s quality and safety standards
- Work side-by-side with job crews in the field to provide direction, leadership and support, while holding all employees accountable for meeting their responsibilities and goals
- Check plans and specs, order materials, schedule subcontractors, and coordinate inspections
- Use carpentry experience and expertise to solve problems in the field
- Regularly communicate jobsite progress to the General Superintendent
Carpenter Foreman Job Qualifications:
- Experience in carpentry and construction project management, ideally for large commercial/industrial buildings
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs
- Skilled scheduler, with foresight of project and labor in mind
- Integrity, passion, and ability
- Desire to continue learning and gain new skills
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Leadership skills to drive project success
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of codes and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, and show leadership, as well as being a team player
About SSB Construction
Having built a strong reputation for integrity, hard work, and craftsmanship since 1945, SSB Construction provides a positive environment of teamwork and support. We are continuing to grow and expand, both in the number of projects we oversee and the types of construction services we provide to our clients.
At SSB, our motto is “Solid Sustainable Building.” We are driven to help our clients meet their needs, and we believe in giving back to the communities we serve. Our work helps drive the economic growth and vitality of the local region.
SSB Construction is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.