Construction Project Manager Wanted At SSB Construction
Position: Construction Project Manager
Location: Salinas, CA
Compensation: Salary range of $90,000-$135,000 per year plus benefits package, including 401(k), health insurance, dental insurance, health savings account
SSB Construction in Salinas, CA is seeking a Construction Project Manager to manage multiple commercial clients and projects. We would love to have you join our dynamic and growing team!
- This is a fast-moving job that requires detail orientation, time management, and the ability to make decisions quickly and correctly.
- This position is all about building and maintaining relationships, both within the company and with our customers and subcontractors. Communication skills are critical.
- Ideal candidate is friendly, curious, and willing to learn about both our company and our customers.
- This position does involve managing others with a positive attitude and careful follow-up to ensure that work is being done correctly and efficiently. Necessary corrections should be made in a constructive and supportive manner.
- We are looking for someone who can motivate others, respond to their needs, and effectively communicate the company’s policies and programs in a positive way.
- Project Development and Design Management: Negotiate with client contacts and design team to manage commercial/industrial construction projects through all phases (development, budgeting, design, and permitting).
- Project Estimating: Review new job opportunities and meet with potential clients to understand their long-term needs. Attend job walks, prepare takeoffs, and solicit and review estimates from vendors and subcontractors. Prepare detailed project estimate for leadership review and submit according to requirements.
- Project Management: Represent SSB in a professional manner at all times while serving as the main liaison between the office and field, owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors. Manage teams to ensure that all quality and safety goals are met while completing the project on time and within budget. This includes supervising and supporting the superintendent, foreman, and administrative staff.
- Client Relations: Review monthly billings. Keep in regular communication with clients to understand their needs, resolve issues, and ensure successful completion of project. Maintain positive relationship to ensure client satisfaction and increase potential for additional business.
- Subcontractor Management: Conduct and report on project meetings with subcontractors and owners. Ensure timely issuance and execution of subcontracts. Review and approve all subcontractor invoices.
- Safety: Assist in promoting and enforcing SSB’s rigorous safety program.
- Permit Coordination: Obtain all necessary building operational and safety permits for the project.
- Schedule Management: Create and manage construction schedule from initial development through completion. Provide timely updates on any changes or impacts. Develop solutions to present to clients.
- Cost Management: Create overall project budget and manage costs throughout design and construction. Drive efforts for value engineering and change management as needed to maintain or adjust budget. Provide reporting updates as needed or requested by client.
- Contract Administration: Understand all contract documents and oversee change management, closeout, and reporting.
- Teamwork: Support and receive support from other team members to resolve issues and maximize team success.
- Proven success at balancing different activities across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer-first attitude and dedication to building long-term business relationships.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a range of different audiences.
- Expertise in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy as well as an ability to develop innovative improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results.
- Ability to solicit input from team members, build consensus within a team environment, lead by example, and follow up in a friendly manner to ensure proper results.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve skill development goals and exceed client expectations
- Knowledge of modern construction management tools and software
- 5 years related experience, including managing foreman and field teams
About SSB Construction
Having built a strong reputation for integrity, hard work, and craftsmanship since 1945, SSB Construction provides a positive culture of teamwork and support. We are continuing to grow and expand, both in the number of projects we oversee and the types of construction services we provide to our clients.
At SSB, our motto is “Solid Sustainable Building.” We are driven to help our clients meet their needs and give back to the communities we serve. Our work helps drive the economic growth and vitality of the local region.
SSB Construction is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.