Construction Estimator Wanted at SSB Construction
Position: Construction Estimator
Location: Salinas, CA
Compensation: Salary range of $90,000-$120,000 per year plus benefits package, including 401(k) and health benefits
SSB Construction has been building with confidence for over 75 years—and we’re looking for an experienced Construction Estimator to join our team. Ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience in commercial construction, including on-point estimating skills. This is a hands-on position; the Construction Estimator will work with on-site personnel and subcontractors.
Estimator Job Description:
- Estimate and oversee multiple projects at various stages.
- Review specifications, drawings, and proposed project site conditions to develop project estimate.
- Analyze and build estimate to include the cost of labor, materials, equipment, location and other identified factors to ensure a quality and timely estimate.
- Communicate with subcontractors and suppliers to verify scope and obtain pricing.
- Present estimate/proposal to management for review to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate estimate information at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of project scope.
- Interface with inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, on-site personnel, subcontractors, and clients.
Estimator Job Qualifications:
- *REQUIRED: Minimum 7 years of experience in estimating for commercial/industrial construction
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs
- Knowledge of codes and strong problem-solving skills
- Integrity, passion, and ability
- Desire to continue learning and gain new skills
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Leadership skills to drive project success
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of codes and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
About SSB Construction
Having built a strong reputation for integrity, hard work, and craftsmanship since 1945, SSB Construction provides a positive culture of teamwork and support. We are continuing to grow and expand, both in the number of projects we oversee and the types of construction services we provide to our clients.
At SSB, our motto is “Solid Sustainable Building.” We are driven to help our clients meet their needs and give back to the communities we serve. Our work helps drive the economic growth and vitality of the local region.
SSB Construction is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.