Office Assistant Wanted at SSB Construction
Position: Office Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Salinas, CA
Compensation: $25 – $30.00 per hour plus benefits package, including 401(k) and health benefits
SSB Construction in Salinas, CA is seeking an Office Assistant with 2+ years of. office experience who will be dependable, highly organized, and flexible.
As an Office Assistant, you will be accountable for a variety of responsibilities including customer service, accounts payable, and contract administration support. This is a challenging and rewarding position that will introduce you to all aspects of construction in commercial, industrial, and public projects. This is the opportunity to learn and become an integral part of the team. Candidates must be self-motivated, organized and be able to follow instructions and carry out tasks in a timely manner.
- Answering phones and emails
- Processing accounts payable and assisting with weekly check runs
- Entering payroll and assisting with HR compliance
- Maintaining organization of office and job files
- Processing and mailing project warranties
- Assisting project managers with monthly project invoices
- Depending on experience, candidate may be called upon to assist with project contract administration. Including submittals, RFIs, subcontractor coordination, and contract compliance.
- Experience in the front office and accounts payable preferred.
- Top organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal and written) with the ability to present information in a variety of different formats.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to deal tactfully and professionally with clients, subcontractors, and staff.
- High attention to detail and organization, and the ability to follow through on assignments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and proactively seek guidance where appropriate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and computer skills.
- Ability to evaluate projects analytically and present conclusions.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information and preserve its confidentiality.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
- A basic understanding of construction terminology is a plus, but not required.
About SSB Construction
Having built a strong reputation for integrity, hard work, and craftsmanship since 1945, SSB Construction provides a positive culture of teamwork and support. We are continuing to grow and expand, both in the number of projects we oversee and the types of construction services we provide to our clients.
At SSB, our motto is “Solid Sustainable Building.” We are driven to help our clients meet their needs and give back to the communities we serve. Our work helps drive the economic growth and vitality of the local region.
SSB Construction is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.