Entry-Level Project Engineer Wanted At SSB Construction
Position: Construction Project Engineer
Location: Salinas, CA
Compensation: Salary range of $27-$34 per hour, plus benefits package including 401(k) and health benefits
SSB Construction has been building with confidence for over 75 years—and we’re looking for a Project Engineer to join our team. This is a challenging and rewarding position that will introduce you to managing all aspects of construction in commercial, industrial and public environments.
As a Project Engineer, you will be accountable for providing technical and administrative project support. You will assist in field administration to achieve project profitability and scheduled goals.
Construction Project Engineer Job Description:
This position will work with multiple Project Managers. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with overall project management for large-scale commercial and industrial construction projects, from pre-construction to completion
- Work in the field to provide direction, leadership and support for job crews, holding all employees accountable for meeting their responsibilities and goals
- Oversee the execution of work by field crews and subcontractors and ensure that all work is completed to SSB’s quality and safety standards
- Prepare budget and project cost control
- Coordinate scheduling and track production rate
- Provide safety management
- Provide quality control management
- Regularly communicate jobsite progress to the General Superintendent
Project Engineer Job Qualifications:
- Experience in construction required; commercial/industrial construction preferred
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to supervise others on larger projects
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
About SSB Construction
Having built a strong reputation for integrity, hard work, and craftsmanship since 1945, SSB Construction provides a positive environment of teamwork and support. We are continuing to grow and expand, both in the number of projects we oversee and the types of construction services we provide to our clients.
At SSB, our motto is “Solid Sustainable Building.” We are driven to help our clients meet their needs, and we believe in giving back to the communities we serve. Our work helps drive the economic growth and vitality of the local region.
SSB Construction is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.